BRA is a grass-roots arts organisation working with community in remote regional Australia that has a large Indigenous demographic. As such, our values reflect this and are largely defined by it. Inherent in all work are embedded values that underpin the whole-of-organisation approach. Our values describe both the organisation and the personnelwho work within it.
• We celebrate and respect cultural diversity and recognise our unique and rich Indigenous demographic.
• We act as a catalyst for promoting opportunities for cultural and artistic expression.
• We aspire to best practice management: focused, efficient and clear in communication.
• We place the highest value and offer full support to our human resources.
• We adhere to cultural protocols and appropriate community consultation.
• We adhere to honest and transparent organisational policy and procedures.
• We adhere to the principles of reconciliation, social justice and human rights.
• We adhere to the principle of equal access and social inclusion.
• We offer opportunities for community creative development and participation.
• We offer opportunities for professional and artistic development both within and outside the organisation.
• We offer support and cultural maintenance to the most marginalised constituents.
• We recognise the necessity to develop arts sectors to high levels of autonomy within the organisation.
• We recognise the need to encourage strong local, regional and national partnerships.
• We recognise the need for flexibility to meet community-driven needs.
• We recognise the value of vibrant artistic and cultural outcomes.